SHORT VERSION:
Shane the Pain here with a vital message to my subscribers....I lost my glasses 9 days ago and am unable to see my computer to write, social network, return messages, etc. I am farsighted & cannot see ANYTHING with any accuracy within 3 feet of my face....Please know that I will re-connect with all of you as soon as I can.
LONG VERSION:
On January 23rd I went to celebrate the 40th birthday of a friend at Grumpy's in North East Minneapolis. The temperature here had lifted from the low teens/single digits we had been experiencing all the way up to 36 that night! Warm for us, but, not all fun & games...my date & I decided to ride the bus to the bar to avoid the pending hydroplaning/sliding festival that was sure to ensue when the predicted rain storm hit. Besides, the birthday gal's last name was Vader so I wore a Darth Vader helmet and mask, a leather trench coat that would make Jon Bon Jovi envious, and even carried a working light saber as a prop. "I am your father..." I said to the birthday gal as I entered the bar.
It was sloppy and wet when we left the party. As we made our way through the streets to the bus stop, both Jen & I slid on some ice, lost our footing, and landed on our asses in the middle of the street in a puddle that was 6-8 inches deep! We were soaked, shivering, our egos bruised & battered, and on top of that, we had just missed the last bus for the next 51 minutes...
I only noticed that my glasses were missing (from the top of my head) after we had hailed a cab and were well on our way to our uptown apartment. Arrrgh! The next day I went back to the 8-block perimeter where we had slipped & slid through on our own personal version of "Ice Capades" and looked for my glasses. The temperature had dropped after midnight, it had snowed an inch or so, so all of the puddles were frozen AND covered with a fresh snowy layer. Plus, it is always hard to find your glasses without wearing your glasses~!
No comments:
Post a Comment